Cheryl's Caramels will be closed from December 22 to December 27th to celebrate Christmas with family and friends. We wish all of you a very happy holiday season and can't wait for you to see what we have in store for 2018. Thank you!
Welcome to Cheryl's Caramels! THANK YOU to all my customers old and new for your love and support. YOU make it all possible and are the best. 2017 will promise to be even SWEETER. I'll continue to bring you my amazing home made caramel candy at street fairs and festivals throughout San Diego County, and continue to deliver to southern Orange, southern Riverside and ALL of San Diego counties. You'll be able to get your weekly caramel fix at the red and white striped caramel booth every Thursday evening at Oceanside's famous Sunset Market and Street Fair and all of these QUALITY events:
- San Marcos Grand Spring Festival, April 9
- Fallbrook Avocado Festival, April 23
- Encinitas Street Faire, April 29-30
- Carlsbad Street Faire, May 7
- Escondido Grand Avenue Festival, May 21
- Vista Strawberry Festival, May 28
- Oceanside Fireworks Display, RDO July 3
- FEAST at Mission San Luis Rey, July 26
- Carlsbad Art in the Village, August 13
- Festival of Sail, September 1-4
- Oceanside Harbor Days, September 16-17
- Encinitas OktoberFest, October 1
- San Marcos Grand Fall Festival, October 8
- Pride at the Beach - Oceanside, October 14
- Escondido Street Faire, October 15
- Dia De Los Muertos at Mission San Luis Rey, October 29
- Carlsbad Street Faire, November 5
- Encinitas Fall (Holiday) Festival, November 19
- Vista Winterfest - December 3rd
Ok, so you probably know how to eat a caramel. What’s there to know, right? Open mouth, insert caramel, chew, gulp it down! Well sure! But I find that if you actually take your time and let it dissolve a bit in your mouth first you will notice that the flavor is much more enhanced. Obviously taking your time is the sensible thing no matter what you’re up to! One, you just get to experience things longer, but two, the sweet and salt receptors of your tongue are out front, so letting it dissolve means you hit those receptors more and the flavor will be intensified. Seriously, give it a try. Eat one “normal”, then eat another one letting it dissolve in your mouth for a while. The smooth buttery sweetness is intensified when you take your time. Many people are also concerned about caramel and their teeth and dental work. This is caramel after all so I make no promises! However, this is another argument for taking your time and letting it dissolve – the chances of it damaging any dental work is minimized. Go slow, do not chew, – and enjoy every last second. I try to make Cheryl's Caramels somewhere in the middle in terms of hardness. Because everything is hand made, and they are very sensitive to the weather and temperature, there will be variations in hardness, it can’t be helped (well, unless I automate, add chemicals and wax but then they won’t be made by hand and with love now will they!). So take your time and savor them! Bon Appetit!
Want to know the absolute best craft fairs and festivals in San Diego county? Look no further! I'll be peddling my amazing, home made caramels at these fabulous 2016 quality events and fairs: Oceanside Harbor Days, September 24-25 Encinitas Oktoberfest, October 2 Little Italy FESTA October 9th Escondido Street Faire, October 16 Dia de los Muertos, October 30th Carlsbad Street Faire, November 6 Encinitas Fall Festival, November 20 December Nights, December 2 - 3 Oceanside's Sunset Market & Street Fair, Every Thursday!